Sunday, October 28, 2012

Stripey Woodlands

I really was a bit stuck for inspiration in my last class.  I think the Little Red Riding Hood theme is starting to wear a bit thin....

Anyway, this is what I created.  I used ink to paint the stripey forest and guache and collage for the trees and Little Red Riding Hood (I was about to invent an acronym - LRRH - but then realised how very uncool that would be, so I'll continue to type it out in full... sigh...).

Then I taped it up on the wall to get the full effect (it is about 1.5m x 2m) - except I got roused on by the head of school because I had taken up too much wall space in the illustration room.  I think he felt bad afterwards, because then he asked me to pin it up on display in the corridor for the whole school to see.

Maybe that was my punishment for being a greedy wall hog.






No comments:

Post a Comment