Tuesday, October 30, 2012

They're Watching You

So another day with Little Red Riding Hood (or Red Ridding Hood, as my teachers seem to want to write it).  Today's task was to create a path for her to walk along.  This is one of the collage/sketches I managed.  Not particularly thrilled with the overall outcome but I do quite like the detail of the trees in the foreground and I will adapt this idea in the final project, me thinks.

I imagine a forest of red velvety trees.  In fact, as I was riding home on the metro ruminating on this idea, I noticed the girl opposite me had a great red velvet bag, exactly the texture I'd like to cover my trees with.  I contemplated for 5 stops whether to look like a total twit and ask if I could take a photograph, while she and her two friends planned their evening together in Paris.  In the end, I decided I didn't mind being a twit (lucky for me, really) and I asked for the photo, explaining it was for an art project.  She was very obliging, and happy that her bag served to inspire someone.




Forest of Eyes


Forest of Eyes - detail
 


Forest of Eyes - super detail!









 

No comments:

Post a Comment